Beach Therapy

, , No Comments

This was by-far, one of the most relaxed beach trips I have ever been to [except from the pre-beach event that happened which I shared in my previous post. (You can read it HERE)] 

I think I could say this because from planning to the actual getaway, we didn't experience enough stress (again, except from our roadtrip the night before)

So here are the three things I loved about this quick weekend getaway:

CONVENIENCE
Karlo brought his car so we didn't go through the hassle of commuting! We also became good passengers and followed the 9gag meme. Edzell usually called shotgun for he DEFINITELY have MAD DJ SKILLS (HAHAHA), and Jana & I were at the backseat and usually decided which snack to eat first. Haha! We also anchored the chikahan sessions! :)
(c) 9GAG
FYI. There are available parking slots near Mauban port so you need not to worry if you're bringing your own private vehicle. Our parking fee was Php 150 (overnight).

AFFORDABILITY
However not that organized, the Mauban Port can cater a lot of beach trippers. If you are on a tight budget, you can ride the public boat from the port to Cagbalete Island for only Php50; but if you have extra money or comes in a group of 10 or more, it would be more practical if you rent your own private boat. Prices range from 1500-2500, depending if it's one-way or roundtrip.


In our case, we chose to wait for the public boat. We arrived at 9AM and took us almost 3 hours to ride the boat. We were fortunate tho that there was also a group of four friends who approached us and offered to become joiners since they have booked a boat which costs Php 1500 (one-way). It took us 45 mins to reach Cagbalete Island.

You can also save up on food if you'd bring pre-cooked meals. Some bought food from the market and cooked their meals on-site, since there were cooking utensils available for rent in the resort. In our case, we just bought a lot of bread and chips because we're too lazy to cook. (However, the boys craved for rice the following day. HAHA #sacrifice)

PEACEFULNESS
We booked our accommodation at Villa Noe Resort. We availed of two small tents which costs Php500 each. All of us four can fit in a medium tent, but for our own comfort, we chose to split into two groups. The ambiance of the beach front was relaxing. There were even swings and hammocks installed within the tent area.


Compared to Zambales, I loved the weather in Cagbalete better. Mr. Sun wasn't too bright but I can still feel his tolerable heat. It was the perfect beach weather!

I even fell asleep in one of the hammocks after swimming. I even thought I was asleep for a few hours, but it only lasted for almost 45 mins!! That's how relaxing my sleep was!


Water in Cagbalete was also peaceful. We didn't get to see it but the beach is known for its sand ripples during low tide. It was still okay because we got to enjoy the beach despite the very low water level.


What I didn't like was the beach's warm water. I prefer dipping in cold sea water to feel more pumped up and to contradict the sun's heat. Fortunately enough though, I don't need much cold water for the sun was not glaring that time. Jana on the other hand preferred this kind of water temperature since it relaxes her more. It really depends on one's preference! Haha.

After a long day on the road and at the beach, we were like ultimate Tito's and Tita's and slept at 9:30 PM!!!! How funny was that. HAHAHAHA. I usually stay up late by the beach, drink beer, and chill with my friends as we get tired. But then again we didn't need booze to sleep so soundly!!


We woke up extra early the next day to watch the sunrise. I was up at 5:30 am and attempted to record a time-lapse as the sun rises. But it was a complete failure since I recorded too early, got bored of waiting, and just when I ended the video, Mr. Sun finally showed up (6:03AM) HAHAHA But I still got to enjoy the amazing way how the sun rises. Precious moments are indeed best captured through the eyes, and not through the camera lenses!

***
We left Cagbalete Island at 6:45AM. We rode the public boat on the next barangay (10-min walk from the resort) going to Mauban Port which costed only Php 70.


On our way home, we passed by Air Summit Gourmet, the airplane restaurant in Tayabas Quezon. We wanted to eat there and got very excited when we finally saw the plane/restau however we arrived at 10AM, and the operating hours start from 11AM.


We could not wait for another hour since we're all so famished, and the boys were already craving for rice! So we just crossed the road and dined at Kamayan sa Palaisdaan (both restaurants have the same owner). It was alright tho, since Air Summit looked like a fine dining place, and we were not properly dressed. Haha!


Overall, this trip was definitely one of my most memorable beach getaways! I was so glad that I have met good friends in the office, because I know true friends are hard to come by!

On to the next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment