When Snapchat is Life

, , No Comments

So  I think everyone's into this new (?) hype called Snapchat. It's just another messaging application available for download on your Apple or Android phones, which allows you to post/send photos/videos to your friends/"story" (basically your timeline/newsfeed) which will self-destruct after 24 hours. It maybe is just a mobile app but it constantly ruins and defines my life. HAHAHA

I joined snapchat just last year (September I think?). Being the memory-hoarder that I am, I didn't much appreciate its auto-delete feature at first. Why would you delete such precious, random, fun photo?! I even have this private album in Facebook which contains snapchat photos I cannot dare leave and be forgotten forever. (HAHA OA)

But after a couple more posts, I realized that some were just random shits I need not in my life. HAHAHA so now I got the concept of the app.. But there's just some memories you want to share not only on snapchat but also on all social media platforms! Good thing there's also a save option! However stalker-ism isn't so cool since if you happen to screenshot someone's post, they'll be notified about it! So much for sneaking around HAHA

So anyway, I got to appreciate more of the app's features when I got involved in a ridiculous, spontaneous, unwanted roadtrip. HAHAHA

So last March 19-20, my officemates Jana, Edzell, Karlo and I had a quick beach escapade in Cagbalete Island, Quezon (more of this on my next post). We thought we had everything planned well, starting from us leaving the office on Friday (Mar 18) and having a sleepover at Karlo's place so we can leave as early as 4AM, Saturday morning (Mar 19); until everything random happened Friday night.

Friday.
Expectation: Leave the office at 5pm. Eat dinner at Yellow Cab. Do grocery shopping at Trinoma. Sleep at Karlo's place.

Reality: Karlo had an appointment in Alabang at 3pm. Left the office early, told us to meet him in BGC after his date with his girlfriend; leaving us three lost and confused. HAHA So Jana and I decided to have our pedicure first while Edzell waited. Then we went to Market Market to eat dinner (Tokyo Tokyo), did some grocery shopping, then waited for Karlo to finish his date. I think it was 9PM when all 4 of us had finally gathered. Little did we know our night was just about to start. HAHAHAHA

When we finally met up with Karlo, he was with his sister whom he needs to drive back to Alabang. So we tagged along thinking we can go straight to his condo in Espana afterwards. But after dropping her sister off, we headed (AGAIN) towards BGC to pick up his bestfriend and his bestfriend's girlfriend who were also staying in Espana. This was the time that I finally realized I need to share this in snapchat HAHAHA

From Alabang. On our way to BGC!
While waiting at BGC.... We look happy but also tensed (Can we ever sleeep?)
When Karlo's bestfriend finally arrived, he asked if we could all drop his girlfriend off at Cubao Terminal (!!!!) since she needed to catch the bus bound to Baguio. So off we went!!! It wasn't that smooth tho since the traffic was still crazy and there were so many waiting time. Oh well, at least we can never be bored (chos)

- - Technically Saturday - -

When everything was then settled, ie the girlfriend was dropped off, we were finally finally on our way to Espana! (Spoiler alert: I think I'll be using more "finallys" towards to the end of this post) We dropped the bestfriend off at his place, Karlo needed his 'break' then we're off to his place.

All the while we thought we can finally sleep in peace for at least 2-3 hours. We were even planning who to take a bath first, etc. But then, we were not allowed to enter the condo since visiting hours were only until 10 PM. With nowhere to go to, we then decided we should proceed to Quezon, at Edzell's place in Dolores, which is 2 hours away from Mauban Port (where we would ride the boat towards Cagbalete). (WHAT WERE WE DOING?! HAHAHAHA)


Time we arrived at Karlo's condo
ON OUR WAY TO QZN!!!
We first had a quick break at Petron to fuel up (our minds, bodies and souls. LELZ). We also wanted to be fair with Karlo who was driving. We promised no one would sleep, hence the need for coffee. HAHA

We still seemed pretty happy despite the roller coaster ride!
Going to Dolores, Quezon was not easy tho! We traversed what seemed like forever, and Edzell's house was very far from the city! But we're still thankful we arrived safely and we had the chance to take a bath, eat our breakfast, and take a nap (well, only Karlo was able to nap. He deserved it. HAHA)

Passengers still alive and kicking while the poor driver slept peacefully HAHA
FINALLY ON OUR WAY TO CAGBALETE!!
So as you can see, we were finally bound to Cagbalete at 6:30 am!!! (So happy that I could finally say my last finally!! HAHA) What a very loooong night (and dawn)! I think we regretted nothing.... HAHAHAHA

This is the definitive proof of the importance of travelling with good company; despite ALL the changes from our simple, initial plan, everyone remained cool and excited of what were ahead of us! Also a proof that snapchat is the best app ever. CHARZ HAHAHA Kidding aside, I now realized that being a memory hoarder isn't a bad thing. My brothers told me taking too many pictures would only make it hard for me to "move on" from a life event, and I would get stuck in the past. But I believe cherishing best experiences does not make me miserable; these memories instead inspire me to go on to the next chapter of my life, and to make the most out of everything.

Will be sharing our Cagbalete experience next time! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment