Sand Dunes Experience!

, , No Comments

Having a spontaneous trip can be really challenging especially when you don't know where in particular you wanna go, and how you would get there! But all thanks to the internet, I have read various blogs saying that the Sand Dunes Paoay experience in Ilocos Norte is really a must! Two hours of travel from Vigan, I must say that it was all worth it!

It is in the city of Laoag, Ilocos Norte where you can find the famous La Paz Sand Dunes, which is greater than 80 hectares of pure sand and seems like an Egyptian desert. Lels! Upon seeing such fantastic view, I was amazed how the locals have thought of making a living out of the plain, sandy area, without sacrificing its natural beauty. True enough, not only does the Sand Dunes serve as a tourist spot, but also a natural barrier from risks of flash floods and sea surges. Be more amazed and read this article from the Laoag City website! :)


If you're wondering how we explored the vast land of Paoay Sand Dunes, we took the 4x4 ride! It costs P2,500, can accommodate 5 persons, and lasts for one hour of roaming around Sand Dunes, Suba beach and you can experience sand boarding! They also have other offers like a 4x4 ride for 30 minutes which costs only P800 (which I think will only just pass by the beach). But in my opinion, take advantage of hiring the 4x4 for one hour to fully enjoy the view and the sand boarding!

Riding the 4x4 was really thrilling since there were a lot of slopes along the way which made it more exciting! The whole ride felt like we were in a roller coaster ride! Haha!

Check out this cute, pink 4x4! Hehe <3
Before reaching the area where you can try sand boarding, we passed by the places where a lot of shootings of local celebrities were held. There was a commemorative statue of Nora Aunor because of her movie, "Himala," and Fernando Poe Jr. (RIP+) of "Panday."

The exact place where Nora said the famous line,
"Walang himala! Ang himala ay nasa puso ng tao, nasa puso nating lahat!" HAHA
The place where Panday defeated Lizardo! Yay!
The very trendy Himala hashtag which virtually poured us good vibes! Haha! *goosebumps!*
SAND BOARDING EXPERIENCE
Upon seeing how steep the area where the sand board would slide, I initially got scared! Haha. I was scared that I would get hurt, dislocate my bones, or probably die *knock on wood* HAHA. I even asked the kuya's there if there were cases of bone dislocation or death. They just laughed and said that nothing severe ever happened to those who have tried the activity.

The sand boarding has three levels according to the steepness of the hill. Of course I made my first trial on the least steep area! Watch my FAIL first attempt! Haha.

A video posted by Faye Calangi (@racelline) on
It may look bad but this wasn't THAT bad for a first timer! And also, Sorry for my squeals! HAHA. It was really fun!! I got a little bruised but it was really WORTH IT. I really wasn't hurt! :))

I had a successful-standing-sandboarding-attempt but was videoed using my officemate's phone so I don't have a copy! But I promise, I succeeded!!! And it was done on the 2nd steeper slide! Beat that! (Chos) HAHA

So for the steepest slide, of course I feared for my life and the kuya's also didn't recommend me to try sand boarding while standing so I just done it seated. It was really easy, but still quite scary! Haha.


SUBA BEACH
Afterwards, we passed by the Suba beach and had our photos taken! We were grateful that our guides, Punso and Joseph, were really skilled in taking photos! According to them, they're used of using iPhones and DSLRs, and they even know how to use the Panorama! :)



One hour really came by fast! Our day was just starting and this was the first activity in our one-day tour in Ilocos Norte, but it felt like we've already had the adventure we desired!!! So if it happens that you want to go to Ilocos Norte, DON'T DARE MISS THE SAND DUNES EXPERIENCE. You'll never regret it! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment