Color Manila-Watsons Challenge 2015

, , No Comments

Fun runs have been a well-loved activity by sports junkies, fitness nazis, and people who enjoys running around with friends. Besides its main concept of making running/jogging activities fun, it can be a form of bonding among friends who wants to stay fit together, or just have the leisure of time to gather (HAHA).

I've heard this Color Manila Run few years back when I was still in college. Besides the fact that it's often held in Manila (and I happen to study in Los Banos, Laguna), the event just didn't seem to match my school schedule. So now that I'm already working and usually free during the weekends, I have finally experienced this color blast mayhem! :)

Last April 19, 2015, Color Manila together with Watsons held the fun run at SM Mall of Asia. It was different from other CM runs since it's considered a 'challenge' due to the obstacle courses set up in most stops. I came with my college buddies Miki, Daniel and Tin. We registered for the 5K run for 900Php, inclusive of race bibs, singlets, sunnies with strap, finisher's dog tag, color packets, and sponsors freebies.
The 5K route at MOA
Pre-preparations:

Race kit claiming:
The claiming was scheduled at 10-12 April. Daniel claimed mine and Tin's kits since he was the one available during the weekends to drop by MOA. So, check!

Body conditioning:
Of course, running a 5K route isn't always easy especially if you do not have practice! All of us (well, except me :( haha) jogged around weeks before the event to not collapse (or any other worse that could happen) because that could be humiliating. HAHA. I was not able to do body conditioning since I just recently came out of the hospital due to dehydration (after my Palawan trip) so I need to rest for a couple of days and recover.

Actual run:

Challenge #1:
With the gun start at 5:40AM, we planned to meet by 5AM in MOA. Miki picked me up at our condo at 4:45AM since she would pass by C-5 coming from Laguna (so, YAAYY for meee! Thanks BFF :D) We arrived at MOA by 5:15. But due to unavailability of parking slots near the venue, it took us 20mins to park! Good thing the gun start got delayed (I think? :)) and the 5K runners were still lined up at the arc.

Challenge #2:
As I previously mentioned, Daniel claimed our race kits. But by 5:50AM, HE'S STILL NOT THERE/ ANYWHERE NEAR!!! I can't even contact him! I was thinking that he's just not checking his phone during his commute, so I didn't panic much. But then when he picked up my call, HE'S STILL AT HOOOOME! And his home's in QC! Now feel our panic! By 6AM, we think 5K runners already started running. Every gunshot felt like my heart was being stabbed! So we then consulted the info desk rep if we can still join the run without our race bibs. Fortunately, we were allowed to go but we should watch out for the 'checkers' scattered around the race area.
Ran with the 3K runners! Better late than never! :)
Challenge #3:
It wasn't a wise idea to wear black! Besides the fact that I'm with the few who wore black, it might catch the checkers' attention and recognize that I don't have a race bib! Spoiler: I wasn't caught :)

HE HAS ARRIVED!
By 6:50AM, Daniel arrived! WOO! Poor thing, he rode a taxi from QC to MOA just to make it to the race! He looked tired and stressed out. But, the race must go on!! Still, thanks to him we were still able to wear our singlets and run with no worries. Haha!

Not only did we catch up with the race, but also with the colors! We're one of the few left 'clean' Haha!
We also still managed to run the 5K route! There were still others left rolling on the floor and enjoying the color powders!


The most amazing part was the after-run party held at the concert grounds! Since we all have our color packets, we all hurled our color powders at the same time while dancing and jumping with the music! It was incredibly colorful and lively! 

Look at how awesome this looks like!!! Photo grabbed from CM gallery. :)

This has been a very memorable one! Among the fun runs I've joined, this one's hard to top!!! Not only because of the 'challenges' experienced (without Watsons' arrangements, LOL) but because the experience was one of a kind! 

Of course, a groufie! :D
Post-run:

We loved our shoes more when stained! Haha! #colorburst

Challenge #4:
But the challenges didn't stop after the race! And I think this was the hardest! TO REMOVE THE COLOR STAINS. HAHA. Good thing I brought with me towels, extra shirts and shorts. And also, it's a good idea to wear leggings! Didn't dwell much on removing stains from my legs. But the hardest was removing the colors in my upper body! Haha. Came home having red skin! I even bathed for three times that day because the colors won't come off. But CM shared tips on how to remove the colors using oil, which was very useful and effective!

We look like we're tan! Nope, just red! HAHA
Thanks BFF Miki for the ride! :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment