TGIF!

, , No Comments

Had a different Friday last week since I had a mini vacation in Taal Vista Hotel in Tagaytay! Thanks to my generous aunt and uncle, I tagged along with my Lola before she goes home to Batangas from her 3-week vacation/rest in Manila. So, yay!!

It was my first time to stay in Taal Vista, and I just loved everything there! Besides the perfect bed weather in Tagaytay, this hotel has a very homey ambiance! Too bad I wasn't able to swim or jog around the oval since it was raining that time. Anyways, all four of us just bummed and relaxed the whole day, the perfect "staycation."

Before heading to the hotel, we passed by Josephine's Restaurant for lunch. Everything was delicious, especially the Crispy Kangkong, I almost finished the whole basket! HAHA But I can redeem myself by telling you I'm currently in my no-rice diet, so the Kangkong served as my carb source! HAHAHA

Sumptuous lunch at Josephine's
As soon as we arrived at the hotel, I told my Lola not to touch anything since I'm gonna take photos for documentation first! Hahaha. She agreed, and even posed for the photos.

This is probably the before and after shot! HAHA
Restroom
Day and night mirror shots with the bathroom door and desk!
We stayed at connecting rooms, 320 & 321
For dinner, we dined at Taza Fresh Table located at Taal Vista's hotel grounds. Initially we thought Taza's just an ordinary cafe, but obviously we were wrong. It was a fine dining restaurant, offering international cuisines! They were also proud to tell us that they use only organic and fresh ingredients! It did not disappoint, and everything we ordered were perfect and delicious! We were also fortunate to have met the chef, Chef Jayme Natividad, who happens to be Ninang Sarah's Sister's friend. He even gave us complimentary pita bread and Spinach with Bacon Jam (the bacon's homemade!!) Check out Ms. Patty Laurel's blog post. Her photos justify more how nice the food and the place was! :)
What we had for dinner:
Pork Cheek Ravioli, Pita bread and Spinach with Bacon Jam, Moroccan Chicken and Hummus, Lobster Fetuccine, Pan-seared Chicken, and Spinach and Kale Soup (last two not in the photo).
There were also some funny convos during our dinner!
BTS 1:
Ninong Nani: Nay, gusto nyo 'yung pan-seared? (pertaining to the pan-seared chicken)
Lola: Ha? Ayoko na ng pansit!
BTS 2:
Me: I'll have Pork Cheek Ravioli..
Ninong Nani: What? You have enough cheeks already!

Evidently the puns and jokes were brought to you by my Ninong and Lola! It definitely runs in the (our) blood! lels

So the following day, we had our breakfast at Cafe Veranda for the complimentary buffet. Afterwards, we strolled around Taal Vista Hotel and checked out the view of the Taal Lake. Unfortunately, it was quite foggy and we were not able to see the lake clearly! My Lola and Ninong also didn't want to walk around since "mahamog" daw. HAHA!

I was still 'preparing' when this photo was taken! Haha! 
Don't mind the fog, the view's still perfect <3
  


I was happy that I got to rest for a bit in a different environment. The cold breeze in Tagaytay was definitely one of the main reasons why I love there. Hoping I could stay longer in Taal Vista next time! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment