July 2015: F's of life - friendship and fitness!

, , No Comments

July came by pretty quick! Didn't even notice that it's also gonna end soon.. I don't even have an idea if I've maximized this month really; everything I did seem like a routine.. I hope I can come up with a productive-looking life update! Hahaha.

1. July is Nutrition Month!!! Since I'm in a nutrition-related organization, we welcomed the month by launching the NM theme, "Timbang Iwasto, sa Tamang Nutrisyon at Ehersisyo." At the end of the event, we had a pledge board where the participants written their commitments engaging on a healthy lifestyle. My pledge was pretty simple so that I can make sure of its accomplishment. I vowed to eat healthy (come to think of it, it's not really simple after all!).

Placed my pledge on the heart of this boy <3 HAHAHA

2. I had an interview with Rappler!! :) Still in connection with the NM, I was interviewed regarding the common myths on obesity. You can read the article HERE.

3. I was tasked to do a lecture on the Right Foods to Eat on a company in BGC. This will be my first time, and I'm so nervous!!! It was initially scheduled on 21 July, but (fortunately) it was moved til mid-August! More time to prepare and study for that lecture!!! I'm scared I'll get bombarded with difficult questions. But I always try to say to myself that I know nutrition concepts better than my 'students' HAHA So much for confidence!!!

4. I started to realize the value of true friendship. I did not literally lose close friends, only constant communication with them. And I'm happy that whenever we get to communicate again, it feels like nothing has changed. Well, sort of! Lels. Of course there are changes.. Especially with those friends that I did not have any news for years, and even thought had already forgotten me. I'm just really glad that despite the gaps and lack of communication, we can easily catch up and start over.

Reunited with some of my college BFFs! <3
Visited my alma matter to support the Batch '11 graduates! <3 #nostalgia
Chika over coffee with the Pukesa's (and also celebrated Trina's first month of employment and sweldo. HEHEHE)
Chilling at Cafe Curieux with the Halaman Congregation

5. I'm currently on the 4th day of our after-office Zumba sessions! I'm happy that we've finally pushed through with this activity. This not only encouraged us to get fit and healthy, but also urged us to get more productive and finish all the work we need to do before exercise time! I hope we can maintain this habit!


6. I'm starting to panic with all the preparations I need to do for our HK trip on September! It may not seem to be taxing for others, but for me, it's really (slightly) stressful! I'm still supposed to do our itinerary; and Mama's bugging me to consult a travel agency our relatives contacted when they had their own trip. Of course, booking with an agency will be a lot easier, but also more expensive! And we'll probably be limited with the destinations pre-selected in our package. I really want this trip to be more personalized. But if booking with an agency would make Mama happier/ less problematic, I think I'll get the offer. After all, mama knows best! Lol. hahaha.

Only 9 days til August and I don't know what to feel! Time flies soooo fast I'm not sure if I'm able to go with its pace! But I'm still feeling positive that I have all the time in the world to accomplish my dreams. Hoping for more productive days! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment