Small compliments DO help

, , No Comments

I was having my very usual Monday mood-- feeling lazy and tired to start my week, but pushing myself to get motivated. Weird, right? So I insisted that my friends and I should meet that night to listen to each other's rants. We did, although I was a bit too early for our meet up, so I decided to kill time in Starbucks since I'm also craving for my favorite Cinnamon Danish.
The barista (whose name I forgot to ask, which is very ignorant of me) happily greeted me and asked how my day was. She even said I looked pretty! After hearing such cheerful and flattering remark, my mood got up. All thanks to the viral happy mood of the barista!

That's when I realized how small compliments help in shaping one's mood. I did not instantly became happy after her remarks but I kinda wanted to smile with no reason!
So from now on, my daily goal is to 'happify' one's day by giving small compliments like "your hair looks extra good today," or "you look slim." 

So, thanks to the lady basrista for happifying my day!
Hooraay for the happy days to come! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment