Precious Stones

, , No Comments

This may be a long-overdue post from my Ilocos trip last month, but I'll be posting it anyway. Hehe. I've only selected the highlights of my Vigan-Laoag-Pagudpud trip and obviously, one of which is when we dropped by Kapurpurawan Rock Formation. I'm still in awe whenever I remember its beauty.

Located in the municipality of Burgos in Ilocos Norte, Kapurpurawan Rock Formation is known for its "creamy white and streamlined limestone formations" naturally sculpted by the forces of nature. Before actually seeing this rock, I wasn't at all excited or curious with what it would actually look like. Initially, I just felt like we're going to a common tourist spot, take a couple of photos, and then proceed to our next destination. But I was wrong. 


To have a perfect view of the Kapurpurawan, you need to traverse a rocky and damp road; but I can guarantee that everything's totally worth the view. I saw that it's not a hiking site since there were signage indicating such, but there were red flags which I think were left by some professional (hardheaded, LOL) climbers. Haha. Anyway, the moment I got near the rock formation, I felt that I was in a totally different world.


Sorry, my facial expression cannot justify how much I loved Kapurpurawan. Haha! But it was evident that I really got relaxed (and 'kilig') upon seeing such magnificent view. Since I was a child, I have this habit that whenever I go to a new place, I always assess whether it is an ideal venue for studying or reading books. (I'm not a nerd, btw. I just always convince myself that I don't study hard because I haven't been to the best and most conducive and study-able environment. HAHAHA) Realistically speaking, I cannot study with this kind of environment because I'll just be stunned with its beauty. Not to overreact, I almost cried when I felt how calming this place was. The gush of the wind felt like warm hugs (no joke), and every bit detail your eyes can see is just priceless. HUHU <3


The photo above looked like I was just a 3D object with a magnificent background. Hayst! Trying to remember what it felt like that day makes me wanna come back to Ilocos. This is when I have proven that traveling can really ease all your stress. For me, all the long hours of bus rides and switching of vehicles just to reach a destination can just add to the stress we hate and avoid (I know, lolahin peg). But upon seeing such amazing view, all the restlessness and haggardness encountered during the whole trip will surely be wiped away.



I'm really proud that the Philippines have these kinds of amazing treasures. This place is not new to us Filipinos, especially to those who loves to travel, but it seems like we're not appreciative enough of our rich land. My Ilocos trip served as an eye opener that we need not to develop buildings or amusement parks for a place to be called beautiful and worth-traveling-to. Mother Nature sure knows how to perfectly mold her own 'children'. As the saying goes, 
"In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous" - Aristotle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment