Little Tokyo

, , No Comments

Whenever I go to Buendia on Fridays, I usually pass by "Little Tokyo" in Pasong Tamo, Makati. I've always wanted to go there, however it's out of my way home (I live in Taguig) or I just randomly choose hanging out in Glorietta for easy transit.

But all thanks to my ramen craving and also to my officemates (May and Tin) who wanted Japanese dinner, I've finally experienced the Little Tokyo rage! Aside from the authentic Japanese restaurants nestled in the compound, it's also an ideal place for those who can only hangout after office hours since majority of the restaurants are open only during peak hours (i.e., lunch and dinner time).

Photo from google :)
Coming from our office in Taguig, we're only a ride away from Little Tokyo. We immediately entered the compound and chose to dine at Ha Na. Since we got there by 7 PM, it was crowded so we sat outside, at the restau's patio.

I ordered Miso Ramen while Tin and May opted for Shoyu Ramen. Ramens are good for 1-2 persons if you do not eat much during dinner; and also, if you have other dishes to try out ;)

Miso Ramen - P220
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a photo of the Shoyu but it looks more enticing than the Miso (and costs a little cheaper, P200). Haha! I was also quite disappointed with the latter since I was expecting a soup with lighter consistency, and not much of the veggies! It actually looks and tastes like Pinoy Chop Seuy!

Anyway, after serving the ramen, rain suddenly poured hard so we transferred inside the restaurant. Luckily, a group of friends were already done eating, making the space already available for us! :)

We also ordered Futo Maki, which means "fat" or "thick" roll. It then didn't disappoint since it was shockingly huge, and were too big to eat in only one bite. Haha!

Futo Maki - P300
We also tried their Salmon Sashimi. I love all kinds of sashimi so I cannot give an unbiased opinion. They also have Tuna and Squid Sashimi if you want to try something different.

Salmon Sashimi - P350
And to complete the set, we ordered Gyoza to neutralize our palettes. Forgot to take a photo tho!! But it costs P195, i think. :)

After eating, we were feeling so full but upon seeing the Dojo Dairy stall, we didn't think twice on buying! Lelz. Haha! Dojo is known for its Japanese ice cream made with Hokkaido milk. Learn more about Dojo here. Hehe. :))

8 oz - P270
We bought the green tea flavored ice cream. 8 oz was already enough for us three since we just want to taste what's different from Dojo among all other Japanese ice cream manufacturers. True enough, Dojo is satisfyingly delicious! :)

Overall, our quick Japanese food trip was laudable! My craving for ramen however wasn't fully satisfied, but the other dishes made up for its shortcoming. (Haha! Shortcoming talagaaa? :))

Here's our group photo before the rain poured! Haha. We'll definitely go back! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment